City traffic is habitually heavy, while the parking on-street is highly impossible to find. Likewise, the parking lots are pricey and results in frustrating delays owing to congestion, especially during the snarls of rush-hour. In fact, drivers unfamiliar with city roads and rules many become impatient. While, the network of rapid-transit rail and buses in cities are extensive, besides you can find easily taxis and limousines. In case, you wish to rent a car, there are options from luxury to big chains featuring modern amenities. However, it is not same as owning and driving your own car. The rental cars rates are high on weekends than weekdays, besides taxes and surcharge apart from the fuel for the vehicle.
City parking tickets are not really simple to receive owing to confusing signage. In general, a lack of street parking is apparent, and there are heavy seasonal parking restrictions. Anyone visiting huge cities in their car or is new, may understand the importance of these factors and to bear it in mind:
- Permit parking areas
- Prohibited parking zones
- Parking signage that includes street cleaning, time limits, etc
- Snow regulations
City parking enforcers follow and adhere meticulously to the parking rules. In case you are parking on a street and if your car appears to have parked a bit in front of a yellow zone, you are assured to be ticketed.Owing to the ever-changing strict rules from street to street, it is mandatory to be on the lookout for any parking situations that are incriminating.
Fortunately, there are ways to avoid situations leading potentially to the parking tickets. There is always a way to escape the rules and for that you need to be an informed parker who is fully aware of the parking tickets so that even if you are charged one, you should fight regarding the parking tickets if it appears unfair.
Tips to Avoid Parking Tickets
- Make it a point to look out always for signage about the restrictions for parking, while you plan to park on the street. The restrictions are typically to do with time limits, weather and street cleaning.
- In winters look for parking signs indicating if it is legal to park on streets based on the snow visible on the ground. In case you notice snow fallen for couple of inches, it is best to consider parking in a garage, so that your car is safe, besides the street needs clearing from snow.
- In summers, street parking permission may not be available mainly for two reasons such as construction and street cleanings. There may be specific hours and days that parking is restricted and this is based on the schedule of street cleanings. Thus, stay alert and look for restricted signage.
- Know exactly when not to park on the street. It is always helpful to know about off-street parking so that it save a lot of frustration and pain. However, as you travel in a dense are or during major events, the easier option is to consider the off-street parking as this is also an affordable choice.